Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Christians Consevatives & Chick-Fil-A

Today is a big day-I guess. Many thousands of Christians and Conservatives(not always the same animal) are turning out to support Chick-Fil-A. I did not get to do this myself because they are not in my town. If they were I probably would have gone and had a nice Chicken sandwich.

I am not a Christian who believes that politics or boycotting-or turning out in support of a very slandered and bullied business changes very much. In the long run God and God alone is able to change the course of....anything.

What I do have a problem with is some Christians on FB and some Christian bloggers that try to take the high ground and criticize Christians who did turn out in support of CFA today. I read one blogger this morning who said Christians were not promoting the Gospel and may alienate their gay friends by participating today. It never occurred to me once that Christians who ate at CFA today are trying to promote the Gospel-I scratched my head trying to figure that one out. One blog in particular had this to say, here
"I want to pull these sisters and brothers aside and ask them what they think they are accomplishing by publicly declaring their love for Chick-Fil-A. Do they feel they are supporting the first amendment? Do they believe that eating a chicken biscuit sends a message to governing officials like Thomas Menino and Rahm Emanuel that they can’t force their views on others? Or do they think they are taking a stand for the traditional definition of marriage?
If all these Christians are motivated by protecting their first amendment rights, then let’s make that clear. If the goal is to win the culture war by purchasing waffle fries, I want no part of this buycott silliness."
    
Now that sent me scrambling to my  FB page and then here to explain something: Going out to Chick-Fil-A today is not about the Gospel at all-so I wish all the take the high ground bloggers would just stop. As far as I can tell Christians and conservatives did not turn out to Chick-Fil-A today to further the Gospel or to alienate gays-they turned out to stand up against the liberal bullies who would love nothing more than to destroy a great business because of a very mild response to a question about family-and to say we stand with you Mr Cathy and Chic-Fil-A against being bullied into silence. Conservatives have turned out to say-I will not stand for your bullying tactics you leftists. Here is Mr. Cathy's original statement.

"In the interview with the Biblical Recorder of North Carolina that sparked the furor, Mr. Cathy supported traditional marriage, though the words “gay,” “homosexual” or anything similar never explicitly came up.
“We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

Is this a reason to act like a bunch of mad dogs in the desire to rip a good company to bits(as the left has done)? No friends -it is not. We better be pushing back against the left or they will destroy all our rights to teach God's Word and speak God's truth.

2 comments:

  1. Preach it, sister! The issue is the 1st amendment, and even the ACLU agrees on this one. Standing up for the gospel does not conflict with taking a stand against injustice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Persis! I had lunch at CFA yesterday-the kiss in day-and no one was there for that-but the place was filled with families with their kids.

    ReplyDelete

 
Google Analytics Alternative